Colourful Rebel started its journey in 2014 as a lifestyle blog. After an explosive start, we decided to also launch Colourful Rebel as a fashion brand with easy to wear clothes, now well known for our slogans and catchy words. In the past few years we managed to realise an impressive annual growth, create a huge online follower base and opened our own flagship store in the city centre of Amsterdam.
Our team consists of young and ambitious people that enjoy working together in an informal environment. We are committed team players that have a high sense of responsibility. Besides all the hard work, we also like to have a lot of fun together. Not a day without laughter at Colourful Rebel!
Because of our fast growth and our never-ending ambition to be the best we are looking for a Junior Designer.
- Responsible for designing and executing of seasonal collections for both men and women all product under the guidance of the senior designers and head of design.
- Researching trends that are relevant and work with the Colourful Rebel brand strategy, translating these ideas into the collection under the direction of the senior designers and head of design.
- Continual research of trends and market understanding.
- Working with Design calendar and being organized to meet deadlines set by the design manager to execute the collection.
- Preparing overviews for presentation to management, buying, marketing and sales (kick off, sketch review, proto review).
- Following up on all changes that relate to the product/styles both design and technical on a daily basis.
- Responsible with the senior designers for preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and tech packs completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices and vendors globally.
- Assist Senior designers with the fitting process and garment specification- gaining knowledge of construction and execution of styles.
- Assist with spec approval from first proto through to bulk production.
- Regular contact with vendors and buying office under supervision of senior designers.
- Working closely with all designers within the design team, communicating ideas and improvements on workflow and team building.
- Develop an understanding of design process and ability to design creative, commercial product.
- An interest in graphic design and all over prints for men and women is advantageous.
DESIRED SKILS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Fashion degree from a school of design.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience.
- Excellent computer skills, Illustrator and Photoshop + a basic understanding of Excel.
- Basic understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics.
- Good taste level and a willingness to learn and understand.
- Ability to work in a busy and changeable environment.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively both in written and verbal in English is a must.
- Overseas travelling may be required for this position.
- A basic understanding of pattern making is advantageous.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great work environment in our beautiful Amsterdam-based office.
- Competitive salary
- A few extra free days as a gift from us
- Lunch arranged by a chef
- Two puppies in the office (Boom & Rex)
- Pool table, table-tennis table, DJ-set, PlayStation 4 and 60-inch screen
- Parties and Friday drinks in our office and store.
Interested in the job? Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] before February 15.